Monday, November 6, 2006

one down, four to go

Made it through work tonight. Four more nights to go, and then I can have a bit over a week off. We will go to Muncie to visit Bill for part if that time off - we were going to go to Cleveland for Steven to wrestle in some huge tournament, but that is on hold now due to his sore shin. I will check into concerts and other things to do locally instead.

I got to sleep in quite late today, and I am feeling better today. Often the best thing for a killer headache is to get a nice long stretch of sleep!

Now I am off to make sure Steven's lesson plans are ready for tomorrow, and then take a long hot shower.

Four days to go! And Thursday even counts as a holiday, as I am working five days this week, and am scheduled to be off on Friday (Veteran's Day). So I will get paid double time for the hours I am there, and if I leave early, I do not get charged any vacation time. I am seriously thinking about leaving and hour or so early, and getting a bit of extra sleep that night.

I have tried to read the second novel in my 2005 Hugo Quest ~ Charles Stross's Accelerando. I found the story to be very disturbing, and put the book down after three chapters. There was a rape, the victim goes ahead and marries the rapist (who is so crazy that this person mutilates and kills kittens) - and then there was a child born to these really disturbed people. I just could not bring myself to read about what a horrid life that poor little girl was going to have with parents that messed up. I'm sure that the book gets better, or it would not have been one of the nominees for such a prestigious award, but at this point in time, I just cannot read it.

No comments: