Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Happy Halloween!!

Today was Halloween. I love Halloween.  This year I had to work, but it was OK. I got to wear my favorite shirt. It is a long sleeved t-shirt which is a bright orange. It was black bats on it, and proclaims "BITE ME!" in large black letters going across the chest. I love that shirt, and Halloween is the only day of the year I can get away with wearing it to work.

Last night I had a wonderful pasta dinner with my friends. Tonight we made quesadillas. That was pretty wonderful, too. And we had a lot of candy, of course.

I looked through my stickers last night, and did not have anything that had the words "Happy Birthday" on it. Today I went to three stores before work, but did finally find some birthday stickers. When Jim made the chemos for the guy having his birthday tomorrow, he put the stickers on the bags. At least this poor guy will know that we know that it is his birthday, and we know he is having his first chemo treatment on his birthday, and that we care about it and about him.

Bill left this afternoon. I was glad he left to go back to school before I had to go to work. It would have been really hard to leave, knowing he would be gone when I got back.

I got home and had to clean again. I also still have to take a shower. But I do plan on starting my NaNOWriMo story before I take my shower and go to bed. I know I will not get far, as it is so late at night (or perhaps that should be early in the morning). I never seem to have enough time and enough energy to do anything creative, whether it is writing, composing poetry, or working with photography. I need to take this bit of time for myself.

Tomorrow I will be going to the post office to mail birthday gifts to my sisters. The gifts will be there a bit late, but oh well. I need to find my day planner and my address book. I need to make those Muncie and Cleveland reservations.

No comments: