Thursday, May 4, 2006

still grouchy

Well, work was frantically busy, and there was a lot of heavy lifting again. I had to make 18 bags of bedside dialysate, each of them being 5 liters of fluid. 5 liters of fluid is heavy, especially when it is stored on a shelf down near the floor.  So my back is very angry with me tonight.

Tomorrow will be very bad. Half of day shift for tomorrow and one of tomorrow night's afternoon people had already called in by the time I got to leave work tonight. Tomorrow is going to royally suck! But it is the last day of the week, so hopefully I will make through, somehow. If I could live through my father's death I can live through a bad night of work. If I could live through being betrayed and emotionally tortured by a friend I trusted and adored, I can live through a rotten night at work. I can do this. Somehow.

Tomorrow Bill will not have school. It is a graduation requirement that he shadow a non-family member through work for a day and produce a report on it; the person he shadows has to fill out some forms about his day as well. So he will be shadowing one of Dan's friends. I almost wish now that he could come to work with me so he could do all of the heavy lifting.

I cannot wait for the weekend. I am going to plant my potatoes and the asparagus. They are sending out roots in their bags - I cannot wait anymore for frost free weather. I will just have to risk it. And on Friday we will have a great Mexican dinner for Cinco de Mayo. On Saturday we will have some down home Southern food in honor of the Kentucky Derby. I just hope my back will let me freely move.

No comments: