Monday, May 15, 2006

another week begins

Well, another week began last night. I was in a pretty good mood yesterday until I got to work, then immediately started having stress diarrhea once again. The moment I walked in the door I was handed four grocery sacks of narcotics to deliver to the inpatient units, and that was enough to begin the stress.  At least we are now in the week of the midnight person who very rarely calls in starting tonight, so maybe this week will be better!

Some good things are going on. Dan and I made up that missed breakfast from the weekend by meeting some people for lunch today. Soup, which was great in this cold and wet weather. That particular coffee shop also has pasties, so we will go there on our own for those.

I have Pearl Jam tickets to their upcoming concert.

I discovered that we will be staying across the street from Grant Park the weekend of the Chicago Blues Festival. That will be great! And the second weekend in Chicago will begin a classical music festival, though I do not know if we will have the time to go to any of it. But the blues festival should be fantastic.

I hope this rainy weather ceases soon. On Thursday Bill has his physics final at Cedar Point amusement park down in Ohio. The kids had a choice of going to the park and drawing a wild ride, or taking a written final. The problem is, that if there is lightning, the park closes the taller rides, which includes many of the roller coasters. Bill has drawn a coaster called the Mean Streak. After riding their coaster the kids have to describe the affects of the ride (such as the acceleration and high g-forces) on the human body riding it.

No comments: