Tuesday, May 2, 2006

amazing animal documentary

Dan and I just got done watching an amazing animal documentary on the National Geographic channel. It was called Predators at War and was filmed at a game reserve in South Africa during a prolonged and severe drought. I do not think I have ever seen such awesome nature closeups. Simply amazing footage. Here is a link about the show:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/predatorsatwar/

The Red Wings got eliminated from the playoffs tonight. It was to be expected after they lost Captain Yzerman to back spasms a couple of games back - he is the heart and soul of the team. But it still sucks.

One of my friends and his wife are flying out over the ocean someplace right now. They are on their way to Russia to pick up the baby boy they adopted. YAY!!!

Rainy night tonight. It was a good night to come home and cuddle on the couch.

I am hankering to work in my garden. This year we will be trying at least two new things - asparagus (a perenniel vegetable) and potatoes. I have two different kinds of gourmet seed potatoes - blue and russet. We're not past frost danger yet, though, so I cannot plant anything but "cold crops" like snow peas - plants that like cold and wet weather. The red raspberries and strawberries I planted last year are all coming up and doing very well so far this spring. One of the blueberry bushes is happy and healthy, but the other one did not make it through the winter, so I will have to replace it.

I want to work on my photos, but my project this week will be getting Bill's graduation announcements out in the mail. He has his first AP exam on Wednesday this week, and the other two next week. those three classes will be finished and he will be a halftime student until the end of the month. he should be completely finished with school by the time we go to Kentucky at the end of the month. All he will have left at that point is to go to his class honors dinner and his graduation ceremony.

I hope to work on the photos next week, after the announcements go out, and before things get nuts with our vacations and the graduation.

No comments: