Monday, May 22, 2006

sad

I am sad. The weekend was great, but going back to work tonight was awful. I found out one of my favorite people has accepted a job offer out in Vegas. Lord, I will miss John like crazy. On Friday (when I was thankfully off) lots of poop hit the fan. The supervisors are taking care of a lot of problems. I hate seeing people being disciplined, but on the other hand, I am also weary of having a lot of work continually dumped on me from people who are constantly calling in. I have no problem with people missing now and then for themselves or for their family members, but some of these people literally never make it through a week without missing time. Sort of like my former friend - having to cut things off with him broke my heart and still has me devastated - and I wish him no ill whatsoever - but I just can't take being continually hurt anymore. That is the way it is with these coworkers - I hate seeing them in trouble - I wish them no ill in the world - But I just cannot take the stress of always trying to do all of their work along with my own anymore. It is making me sick and giving me stress diarrhea every time it happens. And it happens way too often.

The weekend was good. On Saturday Dan and Bill were busy working, so I drove Steven out to Clinton for his soccer game. It was really funny, as one of the kids booted a huge shot. The ball sailed over the goal. It sailed over the large picnic shelter behind the goal. It sailed for quite some ways beyond the picnic shelter. It bounced into the Raisin River and headed downstream!   After the game, we stopped off for ice cream at the Dairy Queen in Clinton. 

I also got the vegetables and herbs planted. I was tasting the leaves of the herbs as I planted them. Lord, I love the taste of oregano, rosemary, mint, and cilantro!!! I am thinking of getting some more oregano and rosemary and planting them in pots to grow as house plants. They just taste and smell so good.

Today  I got lots of laundry done, as we have started a great cleaning campaign so the house will be clean for possible out of town guests for Bill's graduation weekend.

 

No comments: