Friday, May 26, 2006

getting ready for the long weekend

Today was a bit of an odd day. Dan told me at 3AM last night that we had to go in today to get the mortgage refinanced. We had it refinanced a few years ago when the interest rates were low, and initially it was great. Because we have good credit ratings, our initial rate was less than 2%. But it has been steadily rising over the last couple of years, since it was an ARM, so we went in today and signed a new one, at a decent fixed rate (less than 7%). So we did that, and ate lunch at a noodle place near Arborland Mall.

My period is horrible this month. Last night at work I had an overnight pad on the inside of my underwear, another on the outside of my underwear (thank God for those sticky wings) and I was using a tampon at the same time, but I was still staining through my clothing. And yes, I have been taking the medicine to help decrease the bleeding. It was sort of frightening, and I was seriously considering asking one of the lady pharmacists I was working with to drive me to the nearest ER not in our own hospital. I decided to stick it out, and today it does seem to be better. I am not having those heavy spurts of scalding hot blood today. That was what frightened me yesterday. It has got to be the stress.

I need this break from work, and from the greater stress of having to be around my former friend so often.

So today the kids have been going through and organizing our pantry. They are throwing out expired items and consolidating things (soup on this shelf, baking mixes on that shelf) and washing down the shelves with antibacterial cleaner. They are being absolutely awesome children.

I went to the store and got snacks and drinks for the trip. I have packed nearly all of the clothes, and only have toiletries and books to go. Dan will take Max to the kennel first thing in the morning, and I will sit down and pay the bills tonight so we can drop them in the mail tomorrow.

And then we can find out own little corner of heaven in a cabin in the woods down in Kentucky at Lake Cumberland State Park.

No comments: