Saturday, March 1, 2008

the past few days

Last weekend for his birthday Dan had a hellacious backache. Man, was he ever grouchy (as anyone in that much pain would be). Made it hard to have a fun birthday for him, poor fellow. But it was nice having Bill home - and since he has no classes on Friday, and none until the afternoon on Monday, he stayed for a long weekend.

We had a quiet birthday for Dan, but he prefers them that way. We did go out to Calder dairy, and got ice cream, and I baked him his favorite cake, yellow cake with chocolate frosting. We tried to go the the tortilla factory, but it had already closed for the day by the time we got there.

Over the past week we have had two snowstorms. The snow is pretty deep out in the yard, and that makes it very hard for the poor old dog to move around.

Today the Detroit Tigers tickets went on sale. I got online a minute or two before they went and sale and I was shunted into a waiting area for nearly an hour. I did manage to get tickets to three games - one in June, one in July, and one in September. I have a feeling the season will either be completely sold out or nearly sold out before it even begins - even with the addition of all of those seats at Comerica Park this year.

One more  week of work, and I get a week off, the same as Bill's school break. I'm not sure what we will do yet, but Dan and I have a couple of concert dates that week. And Steven will have school.

No comments: