Thursday, March 6, 2008

nearly there

Only a bit over an hour and a half to go, and I will be on vacation!

I think I will be able to make it!

I've been meaning to make a post about this for a couple of days now, and keep forgetting.

I have been having these really vivid dreams lately, which is very unusual for me, as I very rarely remember any dreams, other than nightmares.

In these dreams I am alone (but not lonely) in various places I have visited in the past. In one of them I was sitting next to the Virgin River in Zion Canyon, dipping my toes in the cold water. It was evening, and birds were flying about, and the shadows from the canyon walls were spreading. In another dream it was just after dawn, and I was walking north along the rim trail at Bryce Canyon, enjoying the clean clear air and the vanilla scent of the ponderosa pines, as well as the ravishing view. In another I was at the top of that tower at Desert View at the Grand Canyon, watching a storm in the Canyon. In yet another I was watching snow clouds boiling around the peaks of the San Juans in Colorado. And in another I was sitting on the hood of my Jeep, watching pronghorn and mule deer grazing somewhere in the Black Hills.

Have no idea what, if anything, the dreams meant. Maybe it is just my mind wishing for a real vacation, to someplace glorious like the ones in the dreams.

No comments: