Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Well, my big son is in Paris right now. Got him off on the plane yesterday, got the phone call this morning that all is well, the kids are having a wonderful time, and that over in Paris it was very, very hot today.  I'm so happy that he is getting a chance to do this.

I ended up calling in sick to work last night. I think the stress from the weekend made me sick (the truck accident Bill got into, the packing and making sure everything was right for the trip which was good stress but still stress, making sure Bill got to the airport and on the plane...) and on top of that, my allergies are horrible right now.  I can really feel the wheezing in my lungs. So I called in and got a bunch of sleep, took a bunch of allergy medicine, and that all seemed to help and I was a lot better today.

The estimate came in for the chevy truck. The damage comes to over $6000. Thank God for collision insurance, because we will have to pay less than $600. It will take at least a month for the repairs to be done -- the left side, that it landed on when it flipped, was really wrecked. It really is a miracle that Bill only got cuts on his left arm from broken glass, and nothing worse. Thank God, thank God, and thank God again. Also thank heaven that my kid had the sense to be wearing his seat belt!

Steven seemed to enjoy having me to himself this morning. We ate ice cream bars before I went in to work, and we played with the cats.

 

No comments: