Monday, June 6, 2005

First big thunderstorms of the spring tonight. All day was unseasonably hot and humid, and huge storms rolled in tonight.

I work two stories underground, and we were rather surprised when the power all went out for about thirty seconds before the emergency generators kicked in. Someone had gone outside perhaps a half hour before that, and said it was still sunny and pretty out. So the storm must have come in very quickly. No tornados in Ann Arbor, though there was one in Milford, about an hour away. And the power stayed on here at home.

Made up my mind which concerts to attend at UM tonight, and will send in my paperwork to purchase them tomorrow. So here is my fun for the next few months:

June: Tigers vs. SF Giants at Comerica Park

Santana and Los Lonely Boys at Pine Knob

July: Pink Floyd Laser Spectactular in Toledo

August: camping up north; visiting a dear friend in New York

September: Green Day at the Palace

October : Sonny Rollins in Ann Arbor

Pat Methany Trio in Ann Arbor

U2 at the Palace

December: Dianne Reeves Christmas concert in Ann Arbor

January: Wynton Marsalis and the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra in Ann Arbor

February: Mariachi Los Comperos de nati Cano in Ann Arbor

March: Vienna Philharmonic in Ann Arbor

San Francisco Jazz Collective in Ann Arbor

So far I have gotten $90,000 from my father's estate, which I have given away. There will be one more check, for about $4000, coming soon. That will be "my" money, and will pay for the concerts and the trips. Music is one of the passions of my life, I love camping with my family, and visiting a beloved friend...what could be better? If there is money left (the most expensive part, by far, will be the trip to New York) we might use it for another vacation next year...I have always longed to see Yellowstone and the Tetons...

 

No comments: