Friday, June 24, 2005

Today Bill went from Paris to Biarritz, on the ocean. Since it has been so hot in Paris, I'm hoping that he (and the other kids) will get some good ocean breezes and that things will be cooler on the coast.  Tomorrow they will be going on to Spain. They will be visiting Pamplona before going on to Madrid.

Today was a good day to be off from work. It was frighteningly hot. Homes in this part of the country are built to keep heat in, because of our long, frigid winters. When it gets this hot, people suffer. I went to the grocery store, and all I felt like buying was ice cream and fresh fruit.  I did buy other food (like rotisserie chicken  ) as well. I actually lay down and took a nap for awhile after I got home from the store. (I should get dressed again in a few minutes so I can go out and water the garden now that it is cooler out).

This time last year we were in New Mexico, for Elohimfest. So many things have changed in the past year. It's rather remarkable thinking about it. I am so glad we did that, got together with all of those dear people. It was truly remarkable, the sort of thing to remember and cherish as long as I live.

No comments: