Friday, June 3, 2005

I'm having a nice, productive day off from work.

Took in my Jeep for its 21,000 mile checkup this morning & got its oil changed.

Got to drop in at my favorite little grocery store afterwards, Trader Joe's. http://www.traderjoes.com Picked up lots of fresh organically grown produce and other goodies. I love that store. I can get a good sized bag of organically grown cashews for $3.50, less than half the price of a can of Planter's.  :)  Though that bag won't survive Bill's  attentions for a single day. The prices there are so good, and the food is healthy. Even their teas and coffees are organically grown, and cost the same or less than the usual stuff that you find in regular grocery stores.

Then I went to Barnes & Noble and picked up a couple of books and a few music cd's.   (Payday is sweet.)

My husband is off on Ohio today with every seventh grader in our school district. Their class trip is to a huge amusement park near Cleveland. I am so glad I did not get drafted into doing that, especially as I have a bad tendency to get motion sickness on certain types of rides. 

And when I got home a few minutes ago there was a cute rabbit sitting in my driveway.  We had a stare down for a couple of minutes, then it ran off, so I could finish pulling up to my house. Gave me a chuckle and a smile.

No comments: