Saturday, June 11, 2005

Had a nice day off with plenty of rest, which I was in great need of. Of course, since I did not anything productive, I will have to make up for it and run all of my errands tomorrow, but the rest was well worth it.

I did take Steven to go see ROTS (Revenge of the Sith) again this afternoon.  We are both still in agreement that the novelization by Matthew Stover is much better than the movie, even though we both like the movie. Among other things, you learn in the book that Palpatine has been working on Anakin Skywalker since he was a little kid first come to Coruscant. When you know that, his turn to the dark side doesn't seem as sudden and without reason as in the movie.

Tonight, after dinner, I also watched the movie version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera. I think most people, if they enjoyed the stage version, would also enjoy the movie, as the two versions are very close, though the movie has lusher location shots, including some outdoors in the snow.

My flower gardens are going nuts. I have vases and jars and pitchers all through the house filled with cut flowers, especially peonies.  That's probably not helping my allergies, , but they are lovely and smell just great. When the peonies are done blooming, it looks like I will have a bumper crop of day lilies coming in next.  It also looks as if we will have both blueberries and raspberries on our new bushes this year.

No comments: