Monday, May 10, 2004

Woke up today with a fever. Called the doctor to make an appointment, then called in sick to work. Went to the doctor this afternoon. First the PA looked at me. Then she brought in a doctor. Then the doctor brought in the medical students. Since we don't have tick infestations in this area, they were all very excited to see a patient with something they had never seen before, except in a textbook. I got to have blood drawn out of both arms to check for Lyme Disease and other things. I will be taking doxycycline for the next 21 days to fight the infection, and have triamcinolone cream to put on the bite to help defeat the inflamation. All I want to do it take a nice, long nap, but the kids are very happily (and noisily) playing, so I will be up for awhile. Listening to them makes me happy, even though I am sick...

No comments: