Friday, May 7, 2004

Well, I certainly had good intentions of going car shopping today. But the middle school called and I had to go get Stevie. He was running a high fever. So I spent most of the day sitting on the couch, holding a sick and sleepy little boy in my lap. Watched some dvds while he was sleeping in his room...Down with Love and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. He was supposed to play soccer first thing in the morning down in Bedford, and it is our turn to bring treats...now I'm not sure what is going to happen with that...

Gave Jim his fireworks last night. His whole face lit up like a little kid on Christmas morning. He told me a great story about how when his nephew got married, they took pictures out in the parking lot after the recpetion with a bunch of fireworks. They had a big spinning one, like the one I got for him. It set a telephone poll on fire and they shook up their beers to try to spray on it to put the fire out.

Last night they had a meeting at the high school to announce the new wrestling coach. They hired the coach from the middle school of one of the premier wrestling programs in the state, from Dundee. Hopefully things will settle down now...

No comments: