Thursday, May 6, 2004

Two nights ago at about this time, the Red Wings were eliminated in the playoffs. Yzerman had been injured, and without the Good Captain, the team just wasn't able to rally. Its too bad -- he deserved better from his teammates. But, as a result, the ER was packed with patients getting banana bags last night...

Two nights ago, when I got home from work I took Max outside for his bedtime "business". It was a full moon, and I heard a coyote howling. At first I thought it might be a kid playing a prank, but then the rest of the pack joined in. I have seen and heard them out west before, but never around here -- though my friend Jim who lives out in Chelsea says he sees them all of the time out there.

Something must have gotten the robin eggs. When we got home from Arkansas, the nest was empty and deserted. Saddened us all.

I am so glad to be home. The last couple of hours of my shift I was getting shooting pains in my head. Yes, its allergy season in the Midwest again. Steven told me that he can't wait to get out to New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona so we can get away from the worst of the pollen. Or, at least, we are not allergic to the pollens they have in that part of the country. And we all love the mountains.

Friday I will have to spend the whole day car shopping...hopefully I can find a gently used vehicle that I really like.

No comments: