Monday, May 3, 2004

At home alone...Dan is at work, kids are at school...Max is bugging me for a walk. I am sort of tired...worked last night, then stayed up to 3AM uploading pictures into my on-line albums over at webshots. To see them, just go to webshots, click on community, and search for my email address. I need to get some breakfast and some tea, then will probably feel a lot better. Not to mention taking Max out for his walk.It's still chilly, but the rain that lasted most of the weekend is over, and the sun is out.

I need to fit in some serious car shopping this week. I had dropped off my car at the garage before going to Arkansas, as it is 10 years old and has 140,000 miles on it, with original brakes, exhaust, etc. Well ,the estimate for needed repairs came in at $5,000, so I am now looking for a new or gently used vehicle...after driving the little truck back, I can really feel the mushiness of the brakes in my car!

I also need to find a kennel for Max to stay at when we got out to New Mexico. I have already arranged for the cats to be boarded at the vet's, but the vet doesn't board dogs...and that will be it to get ready for the trip other than packing and turning off the mail and newspaper. According to my friend John, it is less than 60 days now to the trip. He keeps a daily countdown on his computer desktop. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

No comments: