Friday, May 28, 2004

Went out today to test drive some more vehicles. Test drove a Ford Escape. I liked the Jeep better, and the Jeep has a bit more cargo and leg room. Unlike the nice little dealer in Milan, this place was crowded with salespeople. Two were waiting for me in the parking lot, and three more in the showroom. The Jeep dealer handed me the keys and told me to "go have fun" and let me drive the little truck away all by myself. Even told me to go on some back roads so I could see how it handled in deep mud. These people let me test drive, but I had to take along the salesman, who regaled me with tales about how great the truck was. By the time I was done, I drove home and threw up all over the place in my driveway (couldn't quite make it inside the house to get to the bathroom). At least I earned another CD...but man, it was hard. I think I should be able to get a two CD set for that.!!!

I hate the lies. I hate the pressure. This guy at the Ford place was saying that we have to buy our truck by June 1 to get the incentives, and that sales were picking up and Ford would cancel the incentives. But the lot was so stuffed with new vehicles that there was virtually no room for customers to park (the Escapes were parked three deep in a row and he had to go through a bit of a hard time to get out the one I wanted to try, which was in the middle row) -- and they turned away an auto carrier filled with trucks while I was sitting there...

 

No comments: