Friday, May 21, 2004

Did we ever have a horrible storm last night! The tornado sirens went off in Ann Arbor just as I was leaving work...driving home was so odd. It was like driving through one of those electricity balls they have in science centers. There was no rain, or wind at all. But there was nonstop lightning in all directions...I had forgotten my cell phone (of all days!) so couldn't call home and tell Dan to get the kids into the basement, so drove home at about 80MPH, ran into the house just as the rain started, and dragged everyone out of bed and down to the basement...the super cell that caused the tornado warning had been in Chelsea and heading in a straight line towards Saline at 70MPH. Given the storm that hit last night, I think the edge of it brushed us. Wild stuff. They even set off the sirens at the jail in an attempt to warn people to stay indoors...

This morning started out sunny, but now looks like its getting cloudy. I think I shall have to shut the windows before I leave to go on my test drives & MD office visit...more wild storms are due in tonight...right now they are over somewhere on the other side of Lake Michigan...

No comments: