Monday, May 10, 2004

I was taken to a very nice brunch early this afternoon at the Campfire restaurant in Milan, for Mother's Day --  the food was great and plentiful, and I enjoyed it a great deal. I also got to experience Bill's second driving lesson in a big, empty parking lot. He did quite well, other than having to learn to slow down when making sharp turns! He starts his driver's training next week, and will hopefully have his learner's permit by the time we leave for New Mexico. The we will have three drivers in our car, which will be very good on such a long trip! We also went to Sam's Club to check on all of the Wal-Mart gift certificates we found in Dad's house. I had given them many over the years, as that is the only national chain store there, and that way they could buy anything from groceries to things they needed for their house. They all had only a few dollars on them, which pleased me greatly, as I now know that they had at least used them.

The tick bite is worse again today. It is now a bright red puffy area about the size of my entire hand surrounding the scabs from the bite. It is hot to the touch. The painful itching is driving me up the wall. I showed it to the two pharmacists I was working with tonight, and they both said I need to go to the doctor tomorrow, as soon as I can get in to the office. They said it looks inflamed and infected, and that the doctor will probably have to open it up to get out the pus and whatever tick parts are still in there. Sounds like I will have an interesting day tomorrow...

No comments: