Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall Back

This was a great weekend. Friday was Halloween, today is Fall Back - the day when daylight savings times ends, and we can all get an extra hour of blessed sleep! I love both of those days, and am delighted that they occurred on the same weekend.

I have one week before my next week off. So this week (in addition to going to work) my goal will be catching up with my book blog, so that on my week off I can concentrate on finishing/writing a couple of short stories for NaNoWriMo. I know I cannot do a novel length manuscript, but I have a partially written short horror story I would like to finish, and ideas for three more short stories.

Tonight will be the last night I can work with someone I have worked with for nearly twenty years. I am really depressed for myself, but delighted for her, as she will be transferring out to Tucson and getting a nice promotion. No more winter driving for her, and a cushy Monday through Friday day shift job and a good raise.

No comments: