Monday, November 3, 2008

moving along

I have been moving along in my effort to get caught up with my book blog. I have made eighteen entries in three days, and think I will get close to being caught up, if not completely caught up, by the end of the week (which is my goal). you can find it at http://duchym.livejournal.com/

I have gone from two sacks of books read and unblogged down to one sack.

Today the weather is crazy. I was woken up by thunder, when the sky was not even very cloudy. then it started hailing and pouring rain - and the sky still wasn't even very cloudy.

It is supposed to clear up for Election Day tomorrow. We are supposed to have a perfect day - seventy and sunny.

Which is good. We do not have early voting in this state, other than absentee ballot, and you have to have a reason to vote absentee. So if there are long lines tomorrow, at least people will not have to stand outside in rain, hail, or snow.

I think that this is the first election in my lifetime where I have wanted to vote. In all of the other elections I have been voting against someone rather than for someone. Well, I am still voting against someone - the policies of George Bush which have so damaged the country. I am voting against Caribou Barbie, because no one that ignorant and that stupid should ever be close to nuclear bomb codes. While I still have great respect for McCain for his lifetime of service for the country, I am voting against his negative campaign and the Klan rally atmosphere at Republican rallies. But for the first time I am voting for someone - a man who calls for positive change, who calls for a coming together rather than the usual party divisiveness. A man who calls for hope in these dark times. Yes - I am voting for Barrack Obama, and I am so happy to be able to vote for someone so intelligent and articulate, who promises to bring my nation back to the path of sanity, a return to being a shining beacon of light and hope on a hill top. this election has given me hope for my beloved country for the first time in years.

I am voting tomorrow. Are you?

No comments: