Thursday, November 27, 2008

thankfullness and wishes

I am, of course, thankful for my family (including the pets). I love them more than words can say.

I hate my job, but given this terrible economy, I am glad that I am working. And that I have benefits. And the ability to have a plentiful meal today - which is so much more than so many other people have right now.

I am thankful we can pay the bills, and keep up with the mortgage.

I am thankful for the Detroit Red Wings - one bright and shining thing for this area right now.

I wish the economy could be better. I wish everyone who wants a job with decent pay and benefits could have one. I wish all families could have a roof over their heads and three square meals a day. I wish all terrorists could find their humanity, and stop attacking the innocent. I wish people could stop prejudice against people for the color of their skin, they way they choose to worship God (or not worship at all, if that is their choice), what sort of genital they have, and what the people do with their genitals in private provided that they do no non consensual harm to others, and for what people weigh.

On a personal level, I wish for less stress in my life. And more time for myself, for activities like creative writing and photography.

No comments: