Monday, November 24, 2008

snowy day

Over the last week or so we have been lucky to have temperatures above freezing, so the ground has frozen. We have had snow this season, but it has been melting as it lands. Today, with the frozen ground, it is sticking.

No sign of any road clearing equipment yet. It looks pretty slippery out there, and the cars are driving very slowly.

With the economic problems in this area, they will not be doing as much road clearing this year. They had a huge article on the front page of the local paper a couple of weeks back saying they do not have enough money to pay for salt or man power for proper road clearing.

It makes me very glad that I have four wheel drive - though even that does nothing on icy roads.

Of all days, I have to go into work early today. They are making everyone in my department go through civility training. Which is fine and good, and I really hope that it works! But it will not address management at all, so far as I know, and that is also a part of the problems of the poisonous atmosphere.

Ah well.

No comments: