Thursday, November 27, 2008

India terror attacks

My heart goes out to those who have been wounded, and to those who have lost family members.

What a terrible crime; and a terrible tragedy for all of the victims and their families.

At least the Indian Americans I know all have families elsewhere in the country than Mombei. It is horrible just seeing the footage on the television and Internet; I cannot imagine how much worse it would be if I knew friends had family there.

(And I obviously cannot imagine how terrible it would be to be in that city right now, or to have people there).

How can people act in such ways? To attack a hospital for women and children? Every religion I am aware of is very protective to children in particular - especially the Muslim faith, if it does turn out that these particular terrorists are Muslims. If so, they have broken greatly with the teachings of their religion - and given how cosmopolitan Mombei is, they have probably killed plenty of innocent Muslim civilians (along with people of many other religions) in their attacks.

Horrible, just horrible.

No comments: