Thursday, November 27, 2008

sick for Thanksgiving

On Tuesday I was eating a lunch before heading into work. I had made nachos and cheese. I was eating, and something crunched really funny. I spat it out and it was a shard of broken glass. I do not know if it came from the chips or from the bag of shredded cheese, or since both had already been opened somehow got into one or the other here at home. Needless to say, I threw out what was on my plat along with what was left of both the chips and the cheese.

I rinsed out my mouth several times and brushed my teeth several times and rinsed out my mouth again.

My stomach felt upset, but I do not know if any glass actually got down in there, or if it got upset because I was so upset. And I did not know if it would be better to throw up or not, so I held it down, even though I felt like throwing up.

So I hoped for the best.

This afternoon I started having bloody diarrhea.

I do not know if it is from possible glass, or just stress diarrhea over how bad work has been combined with stress from finding broken glass in my food. It was the first time I have gone since eating that meal, so I suppose either or both is possible.

Not fun.

No comments: