Thursday, December 28, 2006

wedding ANNIVERSARY

Today was our twenty first wedding anniversary.

Dan had to work days. I had to work afternoons. We did manage to meet for lunch at out favorite Chinese restaurant in Ann Arbor (where we had our first date way back in 1983). http://www.arborfood.com/cgi-bin/db.pl?q=x&t=ab.tpl&n=184

The restaurant is like a white washed cave, with a waterfall as you come in the front door. The food is good and spicy. We both got soup and spring rolls, and Dan got a shrimp dish, and I got a vegetable dish. We drank lots and lots of hot tea.

Luckily, the restaurant is right by the Jeep dealer. I had to take in the Jeep for an oil change. They found some things wrong with it, so in two Fridays I will take in for a whole day for repairs. Thank God for warranties, as I will only have to pay about $400.

After lunch, Dan went back to work and I had an hour or so free before I had to go to work. I went to Trader Joe's and bought cool food. Then I went to the bookstore. And then a coffee place for a hot chai latte, as the morning Mountain Dew and the lunch time tea was wearing off and I needed more caffeine.

Then work happened. This week has stunk, very busy. Tonight was typical of this week!

One more night to work, then I get two days off before working New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

On Friday, Dan and I will get our real anniversary date - going to a nice restaurant called Main Street IX in Milan, where we will hear live jazz as we dine.

http://www.mainstreet9.biz/

 

No comments: