Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Eve

Beautiful day - sunny and warm. Not normal Michigan December weather at all! I am not complaining, though.

We had a lovely family breakfast today. We made breakfast burritos, and they were delicious. Wonderful breakfast for Christmas Eve.

Dan and Bill both seemed to feel better today - or, at least, they were not so very grouchy.  I am about the same. Steven's cold seems to be a bit worse.

I went in to work, but it was quiet, so I took a couple of hours of vacation time and came home early, so I could spend a bit of time with Dan and the kids before they went to bed. I got home just in time to say good night to the kids, and make sure they took some cold medicine at bedtime to help them sleep despite the sinus drainage. Dan and I watched a Star Trek movie they were showing on television.

Given how little time we are having together this year due to work schedules, I am very glad to have that bit of time with everyone. A good use of the vacation time.

Looking at the clock, I see that it is actually now Christmas. So Merry Christmas to everyone out there! Hope you get to spend time with your loved ones! As everyone knows, that is the best gift life has to offer!

No comments: