Thursday, December 21, 2006

those holidays- they are coming

Work is still horribly busy. It seems to get this way at the holidays more years than not. But we are doing our best to hang in there. Tonight we had a nice party, in fact. That was good. We needed that. Good food, gift exchange, friendship. All wonderful things.

The last three years the holidays have sucked serious butt for me. This year I am hanging in there pretty good and staying strong. I had one melt down yesterday and cried, thinking of my father being so sick and dying three years ago, and the way that former friend treated me and going into a major depression as a result two years ago. Last year I was still very upset about the latter, and wanting an apology and some sort of closure. This year has been good so far except for yesterday. But I had a couple of good cries and am feeling a lot better today.

I am so glad Dan took me to Meadow Brook last weekend. And visited my home town. That was good and lifted up my spirits.

Steven is working on a big report on Roman history this week. We are studying the history of the American West, just about done with astronomy, and reading The Odyssey. We will give him a couple of weeks off for the holidays after Friday.

Dan's business is so busy right now that he has Bill helping him full time since he came home. So he has been tired and grouchy, as he has lost touch with hard manual labor while in college.

Dan and the kids are going to California to visit his parents in January. Bill will be flying in and out from Indy; Dan and Steven from Detroit Metro. I am going to have the house to myself. I plan on working on my unfinished NaNoWriMo story those days.

 

 

No comments: