Friday, December 22, 2006

last night of the work week

Another night at work that kicked our butts. Another night of gift exchange, good food, and friendship. You gotta take the bad with the good in most areas of life, and tonight was certainly no exception to that.

One of the more unusual gifts I have thus far received was some goodies form the Calder Dairy. http://www.calderdairy.com/ This dairy is a Downriver legend, and I have never tried their stuff before. The eggnogg is as thick as paint, and totally delicious!!!

Now I will have two days off to spend time with the kids and Dan. We already have plans to watch our favorite, Charlie Brown Christmas tomorrow, and I will have fun baking. I plan on making - at the minimum- chocolate chip cookies and Irish soda bread. I will probably make muffins and chocolate chip coffee cake and corn bread and brownies either tomorrow or Saturday, too.

We are having strong rain tonight and tomorrow. We will have another couple of inches of rain. This has been one wet December - and nearly all of it in rain. This is the strangest Michigan winter I have ever experienced. No complaints though - I hate driving on icy roads!

I still have to talk about Meadow Brook and some other things more fully. Tomorrow perhaps I will commandeer the computer for awhile.

No comments: