Sunday, December 10, 2006

very nice long weekend

I have had a wonderful and relaxing weekend! Since this is the only time I get off this month (other than my usual days off from work), I am very glad that things have gone so well. Yes - that does mean that I work Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and New Year's. That happens sometime when you are a public servant. But we got our holiday schedule for next year, and while I will still be working the two "eves", I get both of the days off. And that will be very sweet and will make up for this year quite nicely.

On Friday Steven and I had a day out. We met Dan for lunch at Panera Bread, and spent most of the afternoon shopping. We got books and music, and I bought most of the gifts for my friends at work (just need to pick up some good beer for the two beer lovers and I will be all set).

On Saturday evening we went out for dinner. We had intended to go to this chocolate lounge (!!!!!!!!) I had heard about in Ann Arbor, but when we got there it was closed and there was a sign up that a Thai restaurant will be moving into that space. That made me cry! But we wandered around downtown Ann Arbor for awhile, and decided to eat in a microbrewery pub we have heard good things about. Steven and I had the macaroni & cheese, and that was very good after wandering around on a cold December evening.

Today the guys went to a wrestling tournament on the other side of Lansing. So I spent a lot of time with the pets, did a lot of laundry, took a bubble bath, and watched four - count them - four - movies, I also got the gifts for my coworkers wrapped up.

Now all I need to do is find my address book, and I can mail gifts to out of town family and friends. I cannot mail holiday cards until I find it, either. On the other hand, if I do not find it by Christmas, people will get nice things and cards for Valentine's Day instead!

I am very glad I had three days to relax. I needed that!

And my son will be home in five days, on Friday!

No comments: