Sunday, December 31, 2006

exhaustion; anniversary dinner

Work has been crazy busy for about three weeks now. These last two days I have sort of paid a price for that. I was so tired on Thursday night/Friday morning that I slept something like 14 hours. On Friday night/Saturday morning, I ended up sleeping something like 12 hours. And I still feel a bit tired. I am not sick and am not having my period, so this is just sheer physical exhaustion. Hopefully I can make it through another week of work; hopefully things will quiet down once the holidays are over.

Last night Dan and I did go to a very nice anniversary dinner at Main Street IX in Milan. I even wore a dress and gold fish net stockings and dress shoes for the occasion. The food was very very good - the appetizer was broccoli-cheddar fritters and it was great. I got a salad, very nice and fresh, and Dan for this wonderful Southwestern corn bisque. I had magnificently good lasagna and Dan had a prime rib with vegetables and wonderful mashed potatoes. We had the house pinot grigo, and it was very good. The restaurant itself was pleasant - we got a table for two in the front window - and the live music was very enjoyable. Very pleasant and tasty dinner, and I would be glad to eat there again anytime.

Today Dan and Steven and some of Steven's friends went up to Montrose for a wrestling tournament. Bill and I had a pleasant and quiet day at home.

No comments: