Tuesday, December 5, 2006

first real snow of the winter; life is weird

Tonight we got our first real snow of the year - as in snow that actually sticks to the ground. Only an inch or so; enough to be very pretty and to make the roads a bit slick. I got to use my four wheel drive most of the way home, as the road crews had not cleared the roads very well yet. The Christmas lights are gloriously beautiful in the snow!

The weekend turned out to be weird. Dan took me out to that great restaurant on Friday and he was very sweet and romantic.He told me that he knows how rough the last three Christmases have been on me and that he wants to make this the best Christmas of my life.

Well, on Saturday afternoon I started to feel bad, and ended up as sick as you can get. I was up all night running to the bathroom every twenty minutes or so and my abdomen felt like a boxer had punched me. It was bad. It was really bad. I was still sick on Sunday - heck, I still ran to the bathroom off and on today, even though I made it into work tonight (I did not make it in on Sunday). Lordy, Lordy.

I felt really bad for Dan. He is this very practical and logical businessman - he has to make an effort to be romantic like that. And here I quite likely got food poisoning from that great restaurant. It does not seem to be something community acquired, or we would all three have gotten it. Food poisoning is the best guess at this point of time. Dan got a very light case (two trips to the bathroom) and he had eaten one bite of my food.

YUCK!

The holidays can only go up from here, though, right?

No comments: