Wednesday, December 6, 2006

quiet day

When Steven got up today he wasn't feeling well. My first thought was that perhaps I did not get food poisoning after all, and he had whatever nasty bug I have had since Saturday. But it turned out that he was exhausted and dehydrated from some hard wrestling practices this week. A couple of sports drinks and a large meal and he was feeling a lot better. I, on the other hand, and still having problems.

Someone at work gave this bag of beautful clothes tonight. She got them from her church, and thought of me. The skirts and shirts are lovely, though the tops are a bit lower cut than the ones I usually wear. Dan will like that, though!

Quiet day at home, and I got all of Dan's gifts wrapped and under the tree. Quiet night at work, and someone loaned me a dvd and a video to watch. She likes old movies and the dvd is an old Hepburn movie called Desk Set. She said it is a very cute Christmas movie that initially does not seem like it will be a Christmas movie. The video is a newer movie I have not seen.

Tomorrow we are due for some more snow. Hopefully all will be well.

The picture above is of my parents in their cabin in north central Arkansas at the time of their fiftieth wedding anniversary in December, 1999. They have both passed away since that picture was taken. The dog belonged to my oldest sister, who was also in Arkansas for the celebration. His name was Carlito, and he has also since passed away.

 

No comments: