Friday, July 21, 2006

the week is over and I am glad

Well, I suppose it was just a matter of time, given all of the stress diarrhea I have been having for months now, and given the fact that I commute to and from work on country roads with long stretches where there is no place to stop.It was only a matter of time, and the day was today. I am going to have to start keeping a change of clothes in my Jeep just in case. And as soon as Bill is off at college, and Steven is in school, it will be time to go in to the doctor (and be told that I am working on developing IBS or other stress related gastrointestinal disorder, something I am already well aware of). But in case they want to do butt scopings, I would just as soon the kids be in school and not know or worry.

Steven is home, though I will not see him until morning. He supposedly had a great time at camp, and tons of fun. While he did not beat any of the state champions, he did beat some kids who made it as far as high school regionals. And he was only pinned once, by the Ohio state high school champion. While Steven lost more matches than he won, the score for all of his other matches was within four points. So he is right there with some of the best kids in this part of the country. I was told he visibly grew again in the week he was away. No wonder I have not been able to keep enough food in the house this summer!

I am exhausted - when I got into work this afternoon everyone said I looked like I was in a bad way today. I felt pretty bad (what happened with the diarrhea before work did not help, either). I am hoping the cement people do not come until the afternoon tomorrow- I want to sleep for at least twelve hours, if the kids let me. In fact I think I will grab a healthy bite to eat and head to bed now. I had thought to finish up the entries about our trip, but  I am so tired I am sort of rambling today, and my fingers are all tangling up together.

No comments: