Monday, July 17, 2006

Off to Camp

Steven went off to wrestling camp in Ohio today. Dan drove him down along with some other kids in my Jeep. I got to drive Bill's little truck to work. Dan ended up deciding to spend the night in Columbus, as many more kids than expected decided to go to camp, and one of the coaches cannot make it down there until Monday. That was OK with me; a couple of years ago I would have been upset and hurt if he had done something like that, but now that he regularly spends time with me, I honestly do not care how much time he gives his friends and hobbies, as long as he is happy and manages to give that little bit to me. I do not want (and have never wanted) all of his time, just a little bit of it on a regular basis.

He is so much better now than he used to be. I do not know if it was fear of losing me, or better management of his time ~ but he now finds or makes that time, and we are both a lot happier for it.

I am a much better wife now, too. Now that I have that bit of time, I am no longer always unhappy and lonely. And that makes me a better person to spend time with.

There is nothing so lonely as being alone is what is supposed to be a relationship. I am so glad things are better now.

No comments: