Saturday, July 29, 2006

busy weekend

We have been having a very busy weekend. Steven's room is now perfect; Bill's room is ready for his new futon, as soon as he finds one he likes enough. We have sorted through every thing and book and item of clothing both kids own, and the back of my Jeep is filled with things to donate to charity. The rooms have been scrubbed down as well (and my allergies are driving me nuts to punish me for that). Everything should be ready for Bill to pack for college in a couple of weeks.

As a consequence of all of this work, all four of us are tired and grouchy. Dan and I were supposed to go to a party tonight down in Toledo, but I just wasn't up to it. That makes me sad, but if we had gone I would have not been good company because of being tired and the allergies, and I would have wanted to leave very early.

We have had nice dinners out on our deck the last two nights, featuring fresh produce. That is the one very nice highlight of the weekend - that and the chocolate chip cookies we baked tonight.

No comments: