Wednesday, June 21, 2006

work is making me sick again

Yesterday, on my first day back from vacation, I had to start work early because of short staffing. Tonight that midnight person who continually calls in called in for both tonight and tomorrow. It was bad. It was really bad. We were already short for afternoons and that (along with the computers unexpectedly crashing) just took the cake. Thank God that this is her last week on the schedule to work midnights. The supervisors are pulling her. She will have six months to prove she can come in regularly to earn her midnight shift back. I honestly do not think that she can do it, if tonight is any example. So, two nights back, two nights I had to work overtime, and tonight I got no breaks and no lunch, and did not have time to use the bathroom until I had already worked my entire shift and half an hour of overtime. That is just pathetic.

At least the guy whose life I supposedly saved back in April is doing very well now. He had to have dialysis for a few weeks, but his kidneys have recovered well enough  to not require any for a week now. He is on a regular diet, and doing well with it. He is awake and alert most of the time. He is getting some intensive physical therapy and occupational therapy to build up his strength so he can start walking soon!

No comments: