Wednesday, June 7, 2006

back to work

Last night (Monday) was the first night at work in quite sometime when I did not get stress diarrhea. I did get it starting this morning, though, so I guess it did catch up with me after all.

I hate coming in to work on the first night back after being off and finding something icky and alarming in my work email. This time there was something from a co-worker. The supervisor had said something she did not like, so she had to send me an email to share the nonjoy of it with me. I read it last night night when I first got in to work, and I couldn't believe it. I had a silent reaction of "Why are you doing this to me after my being off work for literally four of the best days of my life? Why? Why are you trying to stress me out the second I walk in the door and ruin my wonderful happy mood?" So I did not respond to the email, and did my best to ignore it. Of course, she had to track me down later and ask if I had gotten it. I explained to her yet again how this supervisor sometimes says things just to yank on people's chains and get them stirred up, and she must not take him so seriously.

Today another co-worker came back after being off for more than a week. I warned her right away not to read her emails! I told her the story and she had to shake her head. But she didn't read her emails, either.

I spent the day working on the laundry and getting ready for the trip. I went to the post office and put a hold on our mail starting this weekend. I went to the store and bought lots of drinks to carry with us in a cooler.

Tonight I got online and looked at the graduation pictures a company took. They have one of Bill walking up the aisle with one of his buddies, but none of him getting his diploma. Dan told me to check back tomorrow and see if they add more pictures to the site, as very few of Bill's friends were shown getting their diplomas, either. It is possible that they did not put up all of the photos yet. I do not want to place my order until I can get everything they have of him.

That reminds me that I must go to the electronics store and buy new memory cards for my camera and also Bill's before we go on vacation!

No comments: