Tuesday, June 27, 2006

have a bit more time

I have a bit more time now, so can talk about the day a bit more.

Dan and Bill are having a great and productive time at orientation. For his first term, Bill will have a couple of architecture classes, a couple of honors classes, and a couple of classes that will go towards his general education requirements. They will be giving him credit for freshman English because of his high ACT score, and credit for some French and possibly math and science classes as well, depending on how his placement tests come out. And his first morning class is not until 10AM! That rocks!

Steven is having a great time staying at his friend and his family. He got to play soccer with their church group, and had a blast!

I spent the day running errands (including the computer errand). I was going to do some intensive cleaning tomorrow, but Dan encouraged me on the phone today to take a day off (other than work, of course) and just watch a movie or take a long bath and relax. I think I will do just that!

Today we had another bad storm. I noticed it was getting very cloudy as I was driving in to work. Just as I pulled into the parking structure, the power went out! I looked outside, and it was raining torrentially, and hailing really hard! But the backup generator kicked right on, so everything was fine. I was worried about the power at home, but one of my friends at work drives by my house on her way home, and she called me on her cell to let me know the lights on the outside of my garage were on, so I had power. I did a happy dance then - I did not want to come home alone to a very dark house!

Now my only worry is whether or not the poor old doggy could hold his bladder for the time I was at work...

I really want to talk about our visit to Taliesin, which was wonderful, but I have to get back to work now...

No comments: