Thursday, June 1, 2006

another work week finished

Short work week this week, sandwiched in between two long weekends. It is over, and I am very glad. There was a call-in on midnights tonight, so I had to work over yet again.

I had hoped to get a lot of yard work done over the next three days but it looks like there will be thunderstorms everyday. I guess I will be doing housework instead. I have to bug bomb the yard for the mosquitoes before I can do much out there, anyway. We have lived here for about five years now; we have never seen such bad mosquitoes as we are having this spring. We are thinking it must be the very wet weather we have been having? A cloud of the nasty little blood suckers comes in with the poor dog every time I let him out to pee. I run around the basement and try to smack them all before they try to bite the humans and cats. Bad enough that they are tormenting the poor dog.

There's certainly plenty of housework to do - there is always plenty of laundry to wash, and I need to scrub down both bathrooms.

It looks like I will be missing the going away party for my friend who is transferring out to Los Vegas. It will be on Saturday night, and we already have two parties to go to on Saturday, as well as being the evening my two sisters will be arriving in town. This is going to be a crazy weekend...tomorrow (well, I suppose I should make that tonight) is the senior class honors dinner. Friday night Dan and I are going out to a concert (Detroit Symphony Orchestra playing Mahler's Third Symphony) to celebrate one of our chicks making one of the great transitions to adulthood, Saturday will be parties & relatives, and Sunday will be the graduation itself............

I'd better go take a nice long shower and get to bed...I need rest and a huge drink of water.

No comments: