Monday, June 26, 2006

Madison

I just talked to Dan on his cell phone. He and Bill are halfway to Ball State and Steven is safely at his friend's family's house. So I will actually have a couple of days to myself other than work. I will not know what to do with myself. Fantasies of long hot bubble baths and being able to watch chick flicks are dancing in my head, but I will probably just do extra housework and take apart the computer and take it in for its memory upgrade.  The computer repair place I talked to on the phone is very near a great little El Salvadoran cafe where I might treat myself to a wonderful lunch.

I have not talked much about the trip, as I have not had much time on either the work or library computers, but I have a few extra minutes tonight so I will talk a bit about the next stop on our trip, which was Madison, Wisconsin.

After finishing our visit to the Field Museum in Chicago, we walked back to our hotel across the street from Grant Park. We then got my little Jeep out of the structure and drove up to Madison, Wisconsin on I-90.

I have always been very fond of Madison. It is a beautiful small city with its downtown core on an isthmus between two large lakes, with a smaller lake also within the city. It is the capital city of Wisconsin, as well as being the home of a major university. We spent the night at a very inexpensive hotel out on the beltway, and ate dinner downtown at a great little tratorria which had great food and Italian soda. We walked around and allowed ourselves to be charmed.

links:

our cheap Madison sleeps: http://www.super8madison.com/

our charming dinner was at: http://www.foodspot.com/tuttopasta/

The following morning we went to Spring Green to visit the Frank Lloyd Wright estate.

No comments: