Wednesday, April 5, 2006

rough few days

Well, its been a rough few days.

One of the other wrestlers dropped a 45 pound free weight on Steven's big toe on Thursday night in the high school weight room; Dan and I spent most of the day on Friday with him at the doctor's office and at the radiology clinic. Luckily, the foot was only badly bruised, not broken!

Friday night Dan and I drove through a horrible thunderstorm with heavy rain, high winds, and hail to go to Ann Arbor for a concert at the Michigan Theater. We saw the jazz super group the SF Jazz Collective. They were  superb, playing a mixture of Herbie Hancock tunes along with their own original work. We also stopped at a cool used record store, where I picked up some interesting and unusual classical albums, and we went out to dinner at a classic student pizza hangout, called Thano's Lamplighter. It almost made us feel young again!  After all, we met as UM students, 23 years ago this spring.

Needless to say, Steven did not do well at Saturday's wrestling tournament; I did not even want him to go, but he went anyway.

Bill got sick on Saturday and must have slept something like 18 hours out of the 24.

I got it on Sunday. I woke up very early, crying from a bad sinus headache, and spent most of the next 20 hours knocked out from various drugs like benadryl, which I used to combat the pain. I missed work. On Monday I felt better, but the bright fluorescent lights really bothered me, so I ended up coming home early. Tonight I made it through my shift, though I am quite tired and glad to be home..

Dan was sick when I got home last night.  He has the fever/headache/cough/drainage thing going, as I did. He spent most of today in bed.

I haven't watched any more movies, though I am still amazed at how quickly Netflix processes their orders and gets things shipped out. I have had a lot of reading time, however, when my headaches have allowed.

Enough for now, I just got out of a hot shower, and it is time for bed.

No comments: