Wednesday, April 19, 2006

midweek

Started working with some of my photographs last night. I added an online album last night for a few miscellaneous pictures of some of my Internet friends. It is for the pictures that do not fit into either of the big albums for the group trips to New Mexico and to New York.  I think I am going to create albums for Bill's European trip, and one for all of our adventures in Chicago (I think I will call that one The City of Blinding Lights after the U2 song, because that is what Chicago is to me). It felt good to work with my pictures - I have not done it in a long time, and my photography hobby does bring me great satisfaction. Maybe when I am in Kentucky next month I can find some good landscape and lakescape shots.

I need to call for appointments to take in the Jeep for an oil change and to take in the dog in for his yearly check up. I am worried about the dog. He is starting to get to be pretty incontinent, and it is hard to keep up with cleaning the floor.We will have to eventually replace the carpet in one room, but there isn't much point in doing that right now.  I think I will have to go after the floor with bleach on Friday.

Bill's graduation trip is coming together nicely. The White Sox tickets and tickets to the King Tut exhibit have all arrived. The hotel reservations have all been made. I made the second Chicago reservations last night - we got lucky and an opening popped up unexpectedly at our favorite hotel, the House of Blues, in our favorite part of the city, River North. And a fantastic jazz club, Pops for Champagne is moving from Wrigleyville to River North, and will be within an easy walk. I do not know if their new location will be as beautiful and as over-the-top romantic as the old one, but perhaps Dan and I can slip there for an hour, and find out. I have stunningly beautiful memories of the old location, maybe Dan can give me some of the new one.

This weekend will be as busy as usual. On Friday Steven has a soccer game, and Bill will be refereeing at a wrestling tournament hosted by our club. It is also the night of the wrestling club pig roast, so we need to hurry there as soon as the game is over. On Saturday there is a second tournament hosted by our club, and Bill will be refereeing, Steven wrestling, and Dan helping out. Saturday night will be a concert that Dan and I will be attending in Ann Arbor. Beethoven's Fifth, Baby -YEAH!

 

No comments: