Sunday, April 23, 2006

back to work

It was a pretty good day today, despite the fact that the Red Wings lost their playoff game.

Dan and I had bought a couple of gorgeous coffee table books last night at Borders that we found in the bargain bin. They were imported from Britain. One was all lovely photos of outer space, and the other was all really cool pictures of the earth as taken by satellites. The kids found the bag on the kitchen table this morning and literally spent nearly the entire day looking at them.

Dan fixed the cd player from my room. A cd had gotten stuck in one of the slots so none of them would open up and/or play. He got the stuck cd out, so now I can listen to music in the peace and privacy of my room again. Heck, the kids like to curl up in my bed and listen to music in my room, too. I am so glad he fixed it!

I got to work and found out that the patient whose life I supposedly saved on Thursday is still alive. He is still in the intensive care unit, but the doctors think he will make a full recovery. That makes me really happy.

My friend says that he will be coming by later this week to plant the trilliums and even a few May apples. Very cool.

No comments: