Wednesday, April 26, 2006

UGH!!!!!

UGH!!! UGH!!! The Red Wings just lost tonight's playoff game in double overtime. RATS!!! Years ago, back in their Gretzsky days, I used to hate the Edmonton Oilers, because they seemed to knock us out of the playoffs every year. I think I am about to renew that hatred.

In happier news, the man whose life I supposedly saved is still alive. He is still in the intensive care unit, but no longer in critical condition. He is improving a little bit every day.

Today I finished reading Bernard Cornwell's The Warlord Chronicles, about Arthur of the Britons.  The three books were gritty historical novels about a world falling apart due to invasion, religious discord, and internal pressures. Very good, very enjoyable.

The two people I asked to be my netflix buddies both accepted. One is a very sophisticated (and very nice) liberal city dweller. The other is a traditional (and very nice) conservative person who lives in a much more rural area. Between the two of them, I should get a wide variety of movie and television recommendations. Since I lie somewhere in between, hopefully they can get an occasional recommendation from me as well!

Tonight is clear and cold, it will bottom out below freezing. I came home and immediately started turning up the thermostats to sixty degrees (we had them turned off to save money). Dan was "Why are you turning on the heat???" I looked at him and said "Because it is in the fifties in the house tonight. Check for yourself and see." He checked and apologized. He had not realized it had gotten so cold, and before the coldest part of the night...

A friend is going on vacation on Friday and will be gone for more than a week. Since she will be out of town for Cinco de Mayo, we will have a small Mexican food party on Thursday night for her. Should be delicious!

No comments: