Thursday, April 6, 2006

my toe might be broken

On Sunday, when I was stumbling around with a killer headache, and loopy on huge amounts of benadryl I stubbed my little toe pretty hard. It's been hurting since - in fact it's been hurting more with each passing day rather than less. Tonight I finally showed it to one of my buddies, a pharmacist. I asked "Is this thing broken?" He looked at it. It has been bright red since Sunday, and it is still swollen up to twice its normal size. He asked me to wiggle it and I could, even though that hurt a lot. He thinks that it's more likely that its badly bruised than broken, but a slight fracture is a possibility. He also told me not to waste my time going to the doctor, as there really isn't anything they can do for a slightly broken little toe anyway, other than tape it to the next toe over until it gets better. So I am to soak it in warm water and Epsom salts tonight, then have Dan tape it to the next toe over for a couple of days with some medical tape, and see if it feels any better.

Poor Dan is still feeling very sick today. He spent part of the night propped up on the couch, even though I gave him two extra pillows last night. Since I am feeling much better today, I hope that he will begin to feel a lot better tomorrow, too.

The kids are loving having this week off for school break!

One of my friends lives out in the country and is in the process of selling his house. He has bought a lake front lot out near Napoleon, where he is having a new house built. He has a lot of wild flowers like trilliums at the old house. Tonight he wondered if Dan and I would allow him to transplant some of his wild flowers to the patch of woods in the back of our yard. Then, in a couple of years when his new lot is stabilized he would come out and get some of the plants for the new property, leaving us some of them for our trouble. Since  I love trilliums, I told him no problem!

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: