Sunday, April 30, 2006

busy (but good) weekend

It's been a busy but good weekend. Well, other than Edmonton beating the Wings again today, which sucks beyond words.

Today we did a lot of housework and yard work. We took a time out to go watch Steven play travel soccer in town.  Then we stopped off at the grocery store and bought some basic grocery items. Dan and the boys went back outside and got some more work done, while I cooked a healthy dinner, with Bill's help (we are working on expanding his rather basic cooking skills). We had a green salad (we used chives from our garden instead of onions), fresh steamed corn on the cob, some corn bread, a potato and cheese casserole I made from organically grown potatoes, and grilled pork chops. For dessert we had a coconut pudding and bumpy cake. Good dinner.

Thursday night at work we had a Cinco de Mayo party. I took in my electric quesadilla maker, and we made yummy quesadillas with cheese and peppers and black beans and onions. We had chips and two home made dips. Another girl brought in her smoothie maker and we had freshly made smoothies as well. Good stuff!

The man whose life I supposedly saved continues to slowly improve, though he is still in the intensive care unit. Every time I go through there and peek into his room I feel good.

 

No comments: