Friday, April 9, 2004

Today we refinanced the mortgage on the little apartment building in Dexter. This will save us quite a bit of money. To celebrate we went out to lunch at a wonderful little place called the Prickly Pear, which had absolutely superb food. I first had corn chowder. They had put a big glob of lobster butter on top, and as the soup was very hot, the butter melted into it as I ate. Sinfully good! Then I had a black bean wrap, which was filled both with the beans and other fresh vegetables. and it came with a mountain of wonderful pink cole slaw (pink from the sweet red onions) and a bowl of rice and black beans. Dan got a salad that had dried sweet cherries and big hunks of cheese in it, and buffalo meat enchiladas, made with blue corn. The meat was so tender it broke apart with a fork. Now that was a truly fine lunch.If I can eat like that when I am out west in June I will be a very happy person.

I am so glad the work week is over. It was busy and nasty tonight...not what you need with a tummy freshly stuffed to bursting with delicious food, and all exhausted anyway. Now I can concentrate on my children and my flowers for three days. And baking. I am in the mood to bake -- lasagna, bread, cookies, maybe a cake...I just feel this strong urge to bake good things!

No comments: